Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Video Marketing

Over the past months, I have gathered leads from Youtube ( http://tinyurl.com/29lywde ) where I uploaded a few videos that were, frankly, horrible - It is a wonder people did not run screaming into the night...

However, I WAS getting people to subscribe to my Newsletter and to my blogs regularly. I was baffled...

However, my sponsor Jeff Learner spotted the reason straight away. I had added the videos to my landing pages, where appropriate, and I had also embedded the code so that they play automatically. Jeff told me that the reason I was getting the leads was because of that code

So I tested it. I ran a campaign on identical web pages, with autoplay turned on in one but not the other. The results were as Jeff told me. I got a 40% better result from the auto-play version.

The message from this? Ensure that all embedded youtube videos have &autoplay=1 added to the code. Your lead conversions will improve substantially...

If you are unsure how to do that, send me an email, and I will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment